A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Sailing on the Nile 18.02.2010 Take 2



Dates here are said 18 Feb or 18 of 2 - it takes my head a bit of time to get around that. America seems backwards to the rest of the entire world to me right now! HA HA HA HA HA! but naye, it's just opposite ;)

Rob had his camera last night and took a few pics. I didn't have access to it last night, so here's the other pics! I'm glad you enjoyed and NO

who'd have thought we'd say

"we went sailing on the Nile"

I'm in DENILE over it! lol - bad humor, sorry...somethings are the same here! ha ha!

Us at TGI Friday's last night - yes...it seems out of place! Tanya, when I took the pics of the falooga fleet, I purposefully got the sign....it's....it just makes me chuckle!



Set sail, Captain!!!
How fun, Thomas actually is a sailor by birth and by hobby - so it was VERY fun to learn a lot of facts last night :-) For those who wonder how I could get on this thing w/ the kids and no life preservers - well there's no crocs, there's no giant waves or undertoe and I can swim with Jasmine to shore from the middle in either direction while either of the men has Joshua ;) Actually, last night I'd have swam alone while the men each had a kid ;) At the pool yesterday, I even practiced rescue swimming w/ both kids - Joshua nearly drowned me ;) but I did it! lol



oh as for us kissing on the Nile - who can resist such a wonderful man while sailing under the moon? ha ha ha!

Mom and Tami - put this on your list of things to do when you visit! :-)

Gotta dust (again this week) clean bathrooms and have Joshua vacuum so I can mop! Then we can head to the sports club for soccer, playground and perhaps swim again! Oh last night on the cruise it was 65 and soft breeze - positively perfect!! The air is much more "clean water" smell on the Nile - I found that surprising and WONDERFUL!

The boat captain said to me in Arabic "we are finished, was it good?" I responded in Arabic "yes but" MAYA MAYA and I gave 2 thumbs up..he laughed very hard :-) Remember it's not like the name Maya, but the month then soft a ;) Maaaaaya! :-) it's slang. Literally means 100 Percent. I think my translation would be

THAT TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTALLY ROCKED, DUDED! I'M SOOOOO STOKED WE DID THAT!

ha!

Mahsehlehmah, mi amigos!

ha!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

You sounds simply giddy over the experience. COOL!!!! :) Thanks for sharing it with us.

Heather said...

it's funny where you'll find TGI Fridays! In Seoul it's on a wayyyyy back street that you'd only come across back accident hahaha