A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rain in Egypt!!

Today it rained here!! We went out on a "new" adventure. I found a "mall" (don't think America - ha ha) with stores inside a small 3 story building...will have to browse it someday when I'm desperate for clothes again!

Anyway...it smelled like rain when we left....and the sky looks like Michigan in the summer before rain.....and we felt INTERMITTENT RAINDROPS!

in EGYPT!

hmm..interesting!

So...there we have it - the average 1/2" of rain comes like this :-)

Aaah...the breeze and smell of rain was so refreshing - nice to only be 77 and overcast...what a relief! I only went thru 1 shower and 2 shirts today - HA HA HA!

We found a 3 story stationary/bookstore. Got some way cool envelopes for Joshua to send to his friends as he's working on handwritten letters :-) and I got some plain ones for the ones I've been working on :-)

it's VERY difficult to use the post office, so we'll make one run sometime in March! no joke! Unless HS's pkg from da UP comes before that - then I'll mail them when I have to go pick that up!

We got a NARNIA book for Joshua (3rd grade level instead of the original verisions) and I got a Clive Cussler book, got 3 workbooks for Jasmine as well as modeling clay and a "how to draw 50 animals" book for beginning sketchers - I think 3 of us might enjoy that :-) Joshua bought himself an additional 3rd grade Narnia book - all together, this cost us $39 US! what a deal! can't pass it up! I don't even get change, the people who assist me pocket the change, anything less than one Egyptian Pound is like a nano-cent on our planet - lol.

Thanks for reading! Sorry, no pics today, I took my camera, but nothing really too new. THURSDAY IS THE PHARAONIC VILLAGE TOUR! WOO HOOO! we did see the tour bus today YIKES it is GINORMOUS on these streets! You know the "semi" sized motorhomes trying to drive in FL right? sorta like that in perspective here ;)

Talk to you all later,
Love from Egypt,
Wendy

No comments: