A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Friday, February 26, 2010

I am no artist...

BUT...I drew a toilet...gave the doorman downstairs my "sketch" along w/ the plumber's name and phone number (written in Arabic) and said "please" in Arabic..and he said AAAAAAAAAAH! So I assume the plumber is coming tomorrow for the OTHER toilet!

ha ha ha! :-)

Last week at church, there were 4-5 women in front of us who made a little squirmish squeal when a cat walked under their chairs and brushed their exposed calves....this week at church the cat just walked the aisles. That still is an easy distraction for me - Sara S right now is saying THIS IS WHERE JOSHUA GETS IT! tee hee! aren't ya? probably others too!

You know that I'm in a country where laws and regulations are not what American standards say they should be.....and if a group of enforcing people wanted to take stuff they are allowed to and if they didn't want an American seeing this and making note of it..they have previously, detained people for hors at a time.....just rest assured..when I say that God is my protector and defender..it's quite literal.

Oh and speaking of defender ;)

The other day at the market...many of you talking about how scared you'd be...you know what...after surviving Nov 2007 and the following court proceedings....and know what I know about the power and "visible" God sometimes too.....I have so much peace now....and being here, I can't explain it. I just know God was preparing us for "here" - being here, I feel at such peace. I look at what I've faced and the things going on and outside of it, I want to completely flip out..instead....

God's grace, when I am surrendered to Him, continues to flow in bounty! I'm not sure how to explain it!! I really think for YEARS I trusted God w/ my after-life....and guiding me in life...but REALLY forgot to trust Him with my DEATH and my SUFERING and my COMFORT....truly....not being able to turn to friends or foods.....it's not making me crazy..but more deeply footed in faith! COME ON OVER FOR A FAITH WALK! ;)

Also - I didn't mean you couldn't tell me your opinions and reactions to my posts ;) I meant DO NOT tell me your opinions, assumptions, etc about the government here ;) Not only am I a guest...but...lets just work on world peace and keep our private talks private if they're necessary AND YES SOMETIMES THEY ARE! :-) That's TOTALLY fine! I love you all!

xoxoxoxoxooo

some more than others tho - MWAH HA HA! evil laugh, sorry....my dumb sense of humor kicking in again! The other day I was thinking of first grade last year...wonder if you've ever had rabbit eyeballs on the GROSS-OUT menu!?!

Well my chickens with their long necks hanging over the roasting pans are smelling MIGHTY good...I think it's supper time! Worship together w/ the community was AWESOME tonight!! The kids even wanted to go to their age-appropriate classes! At the end, Jasmine was smiling and doing a puzzle w/ another girl her age...Joshua was running like a wild man with 2 girls and 1 boy his age :-) We fit right in :-)

I couldn't find where the cd's were...but a man from India gave the story of God in his life...he apparently also played at the Olympic openings! His guitar was QUITE remarkable - that God gifted him is obvious - that he allows God to use him is also quite obvious. I wanted to give you a taste of his musical flare via youtube incase he wasn't televised - I wouldn't know...no tv ;) no news ;) nuttin!

Suddenly the world is MUCH simpler, MUCH larger and MUCH more diverse all at the same time :-)

Good night, all! After supper,I have a date w/ Clive Cussler...but not before I play kings in the corner w/ my darling ninos :-)

BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD......you wouldn't believe the hectictimes that THOSE words of His wash over me! :-)

3 comments:

Heather said...

enjoy your date with Clive...sleep tight :)

DawnS said...

I am so glad I made the time to get over here and see in some details how you are doing. What an amazing adventure you are having there - just incredible! Thank you so much for sharing this with us and I can't wait to see what God has in store for you over there!

Stephanie P. said...

Living, really living with God as the center of your life is a wonderful thing. It makes the "wouldn't believe hectic times" managable. I'm so glad God is with us wherever we go. I love your outlook on life Wendy-the "this is how it is right now, let's make the best of it" and you are smiling and laughing too!