A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Friday, February 26, 2010

A cleaner, fresher post :-)

tee hee!

instead of WALKING thru a traffic circle (called squares here, roundabouts in the US), I found a little short cut....kinda pretty in the midst of the hussle and bustle! unused train track, no worries ;)



yesterday after the rain.....or between storms, I should say ;)
The azalea-looking tree flowers were magnificently fragrant! sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiifff aaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Last night we had HAIL! First came BIG lightning storm - REALLY incredible! Powerful and majestic..like the Creator! When the hail added on the scene, we ran downstairs (in my rush, I forgot to put a skirt on in stead of my bermuda shorts - but...no one noticed whew!) Many MANY cars just stopped, road totally blocked, we have a very lovely large entrance...the doorman was busy talking/keeping his eye out ;) on the people taking "shelter" a woman was translating for me to English - everyone out there was 30's plus and when I say plus, I mean up to 50's at least...no one had EVER seen "big hard rain" in their whole lives!! I told them in English we say "hail" it was about a half a golf ball....bouncing up about 2-3 feet in the air REALLY STUNNING! Truly....I thought as Paul had said in Michigan - bugs next? HA! I noted that the sky was a really funky color about 2 hrs prior...I guess now I know why ;)

Below is a pic of Joshua at the bookstore where we each purchased a book and I got some mailing supplies as well as the Egyptian Air Mail envelopes for fun. I found this place "on my own" in a completely new area (10 min one direction) after Rob took us about 4 days prior - I was impressed w/ myself - HA! I also purchased a very small notebook and am going to ask Anas to write the first page...
my address! as well as the 2 intersections it is between IN ARABIC! ;) So next time I need a taxi in a hurry and can't wait for one who understands English....I will be all set! ha! Other pages will be for me to write my new words...I get about 4-5 everytime at the market, but only 1 will stick past it - ugh!!


Ah....rest assured, Paul in Michigan....the puddles are muddy...not bloody ;) No plagues here! Just Jasmine's loose stool again :-( gotta find a pharmacy...hmmm...??better to ride it out....or get something? cringing at the decision.....been doing the brat diet.....no fever, etc....VERY loose :-( we're tired girls.....she got up 5 times in the night :-(

Below is just a building I found interesting from this angle...I thought some of you would too! See the flowering tree? I need to take a pic of the flowers next to my hand! They are HUGE!!!!! the rain littered the ground with them....tho I don't seem to get a wiff of a nice fragrant from them? From the street, it looks like fall is coming w/ reddish leaves ;)



So that was yesterday! :-) if I see anything neat or have any note-worthy adventures today, I'll let ya know :-)

If you guys don't read other's comments, go back to the previous post and read Melanie's response SHAKING THE GUYS HAND FOR THE TOILET WHEN HE WANTED A TIP HAD ME ROARING IN LAUGHTER!!!!!!!!! and now thinking...should I be tipping? ack...no! I wish they would STOP the horror! LOL

mahsehlehmah, my friends!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Enjoying this blog so very much WS! mmmmm! Smellin' the flowers with ya. Just beautiful! Poor Jazzy girl. So sorry she is under the weather!

Heather said...

ahhhhhhh fresh flowers....mmmm mmm mmmmmmm :) Getting to be quite the navigator hey ;) haha

Hope Jasmine is feeling better soon!! :(