A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Well Worth the Hassle!

Normally, when my parents send us a box, the post office guys have learned I tip VERY big for delivery...so yesterday when the guy came to tell me I had to go to the post office for my box....I was not only confused but VERY let down! He told me it was open until 4.

I didn't ask the right question.

They were no longer giving packages out tho, so getting there, waiting in line and all that jazz that may seem tough in America HA! well, here it's a whole new level....just to tell me "yep, there's your box, nope, we don't give packages out past 3pm"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! there it was!
















Got a taxi today - Ieman to drive me to some errands after a migraine started my day and interrupted a play date. Because if I leave the box more than a couple days, they charge me storage fees and can send it back to the US! gulp!

Well it was well worth the hassle! I thought you might enjoy a bit of America landing in Egypt and our response to it! I had gotten us 3 pool gear - Jasmine a terrycloth robe, Joshua a swim shirt and me a swim suit that fits and isn't falling apart! woo hoo!





I got more of the homeschool stuff for 3rd grade - THANKS AGAIN TO TERI, ANNMARIE, JEANIE AND JENT FOR THE CONSTANT INSIGHTFUL HELP, SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT!!

So, I took a few pics for you all :)

Joshua got some way cool cowboy books - no idea who they're from ;) BUT THANK YOU!

THANK YOU TANYA FOR MY BOOK! TAKE FOUR!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEHAW! except, now I'll be up all night reading it! LOL

THANK YOU, CORNETT FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FEELING CONNECTED THRU PHOTOS AND REAL MAIL..WELL...SPEECHLESS!! xo

Miss Stacie - the tears came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SAID GOOD BYE TOO PREMATURELY TO THAT "STAGE" OF PARENTING BY COMING HERE! **both** kids really enjoyed all of the goodies from all the kids! Please tell Joel, Patty, Jill and Pat SALAM! :)
SPECIAL THANKS TO ISABELLA AGAIN! xo

THANK YOU GRANDPA AND GRANDMA FOR JOSHUA'S LIGHTWEIGHT SHORTS! note - never arrive in any type of denim ;) TOO hot! AND FOR ALL THE KOOL AID AND TACO PACKETS! WOO HOO!! tex mex night w/ the church staff HERE WE COME! :) THANK YOU FOR THE 2 NEW VEGGIE TALE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss Stacie - I hope Salem knows the book she made w/ Jasmine made it AND SHE REMEMBERS TALKING TO HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it too!!!!! Thinking of the Valentine's, etc.....just...

THANKS EVERYONE FOR MAKING OUR WORLD SEEM MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE AND LOVING!

Joshua said I had to be in a pic too - hope you did't get too scared! ha! Just focus on the books! ha ha ha! I do love the swim suit! I'm ready to dive in! Well, after my head stops splitting....I think kool aid will help. Do you?

Mel, your stuff should come in Sept :) THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm doing good right now! So many people here are really surprised Joshua and I don't burn like them - I keep telling them MELALUCA!!!!!!

















This is a scary close up of the living room after leaving it alone w/ 2 kids while I tended a migraine this morning, then left for the post office! ha!

2 comments:

Char said...

It reminds me not to take things for granted like...taco mix & kool aid. I'm super glad that you are able to get the things you needed to keep life going....and best of all are the kids expressions!

And by the way, if you think your living room is scary looking like that....oye....I'd hate to have you see my house some days! And I only have one kid, well unless you count the husband & dog then I have 3 kids total :)

Stephanie P said...

Messy livingroom: at least your furniture is in the right spot and the curtains are still up...and white! :)
Love the cat adventures-that is too funny!
Praying that your migraine is gone now.
You all look good! Glad you could enjoy your taste of home!