A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

BRAVO, JASMINE!!

Bravo - it is Egyptian for "great job!" "Awesome" - I've switched to using it..and obviously to counting in Arabic instead of English as well! HA HA! As I watched this, I realized how natural it's all coming AND HOW THE KIDS KNOW!

Jasmine and I have spent hours alone in the pool this week - for two days, a swim instructor came and passed her back and forth. I'd been having her swim from the wall to me, but then I'd swim her back she felt too afraid...

so he stayed at the wall and we went back and forth and I kept moving back further and further....

he had her jump off and swim to me..he told me not to go for her when she jumped in. He stayed w/in grasp and she panicked but then she swam!!!!!!!!!!

Now she's UNSTOPPABLE!

and when I get out to study Arabic...she is DEVASTATED to put on her armbands ;) She is in 8 meters of water........I wish you could see the lifeguards cheering for her today!! But I try to give the people their privacy ;)

BRAVO, JASMINE! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Char said...

She's come so far so quickly! It seems like it was just yesterday she was hiding behind your legs in the school parking lot...and today she's conquering swimming. My how time flies.....congrats Jasmine!