A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Three New Videos today



Clarification - the guys on bikes with gas cans....

it is an old bike - you've seen the pics from the first posts, right? of the bikes? OK - it is TWO "welding size" (what I call them) propane tanks on the back of a bike in this traffic with a guy banging it.....

not for cars, sorry to be confusing. but that actually was a good assumption! I might take it up myself and make a business out of it ;) Then I could "ride like an Egyptian"

Ramadan is on full schedule - the kids were appauled at how grumpy and standoffish the delivery guys were w/ our groceries - until I reminded them of what their day has been like. I followed suit and tipped double since they did what I asked. The younger guy seemed to notice, the older man did not (yet).

A Kentwood neighbor wanted to see MORE of the kids....as do the grandparents of course...and a beloved sister in Cutlerville wanted to see more videos...so I combined that for both of you and added a coupe of videos. I listened to it and did say one word a little wrong....that'll make more sense after you see the videos - not that any of you can understand me anyway! HA HA HA!

Here's jasmine walking home after swimming today - she looked so precious, I had to share!


I also wanted you to see some great finds at the store today that made me do a jig!!! I must admit, I guzzled water today outside...in public...I couldn't take it! My shirt was dripping wet (thanks to my mom sending me a salt deoderant, i don't stink at least! ha!) and my eyes were burning from the constant flow of sweat....so I had to drink...I was feeling a little weird in the head....I did it at a very "slow" corner with my back to traffic..... I want to respect the Islamic Egyptians BUT MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I found out that Coptic Egyptians fast even MORE than the Muslims!!!!!!! my GOODNESS!

No comments: