A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

O.W.W.

One Wild Way (to end One Wild Week)

This afternoon I stood in a small cement bathroom filling waterballoons with my friend Amy.....in the midst of it, her intern thought it'd be funny to throw one at us, it landed just above my head and exploded in my face....Amy found out today, that I'm a screamer...SORRY AMY!

tee hee!! none of you feel sorry for her, do you?

Here's some photos of the last 1.5 hrs of the day! One Wild Way (to end One Wild Week)




Joshua and Phillips - water balloon toss contest!











































































































above - gone wild with water bottles!
A shot of Amy's boy Caleb and Jasmine finding a low spot in the floor - a puddle to swim in! oh my goodness! ha ha ha!!


Above - Amy's intern and 4 teenage boys I know - talked me into this....Joshua wanted his picture with Miss Amy, so he didn't even know was coming! She felt the love...but only for a moment! I'm not sure if she's still my friend after this! HA HA HA!! (no worries, I ran home for a towel for her, remember I live across the street! ha!) Kim, now you know what went on under the tent today ;) HA!
One Excited boy! Today they went to the Pharonic Village - Joshua's favorite part was making a boat out of dried papryus that is harvested out of the Nile! HOW COOL IS THAT?! and it really does float!! of course, Kim and Bruce, his is military colored! ha!


Thanks for enjoying the One Wild Week with us! I also added a video of Joshua - he just got a tennis racket and football gear this week (soccer for all you Americans). Everyone who plays tennis says kids can't start until they can control the ball for at least a 10-count volley...well after 2 evenings of practice...that's Joshua. I will be looking into a tennis coach now obviously!

3 comments:

The Dickersons said...

The is my favorite picture EVER of Joshua!!! Pure Joy on his face when he realized he was soaked!!!

Wendy said...

Looks like SO much FUN!!!! Joshua certainly is looking older...sniff sniff!!!

Kim Stayton said...

So glad the mystery of what is happening under the tent is solved for at least one night:) Water flying around always (or usually) brings smiles to the faces of those involved!