A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TawLeb Maya Maya

I am a very cool student ;) (even if I can't spell in English what I can say in Arabic! HA)

Two tests....100% on both! Today, he did a group oral test and only 3 of us got past half way.....and...well...I'm going to brag..I was the only one who completed the oral one!!

Rob signed me up for the "intensive conversation" class that starts after this one. The instructor is the same and he recommended I take it, he says I'm very serious about it, study hard and will do well...

I'M VERY NERVOUS ;)

There - that's my silly Egyptian news for today!!!!

now for the GREAT AMERICAN NEWS FOR THE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!! As an American, always save the bes for last!!

My mom is doing well, improving quickly now!
She is sleeping well at home!
She is doing her exercises and handling the pain!
She gets some drainage tubes taken out Friday...the rest in one week!
The incisions are healing VERY well!

PRAISE THE LORD FOR HIS WISDOM, GUIDANCE TO THE WONDERFUL STAFF!! PRAISE THE LORD FOR GIVING MY MOM'S BODY THE STRENGTH SHE NEEDS! PRAISE THE LORD FOR MY MOM AND DAD HAVE THE STAMINA AND ENDURANCE FOR THIS KICK THE CRAP OUT OF CANCER PLAN!!!

When I know about radiation.....I'll let YOU know ;) It **will** be daily when it starts. This will be very difficult for her body...and while they are 1 hr away...and my dad is working FULL time! Anyone who'd like to drive a day here or there....feel free to let me know! :-)

The grief I deal w/ here is also guilt...God has me here to serve the people here....I'm surrounded by opportunities too difficult to explain publically ;) But it's hard for me not to be severely guilty for not doing my part THERE...

anywho ALL GOOD NEWS!

I ROCK (in Kindegarten) ARABIC (lol)

and

MY MOM AND DAD ARE DOING TAMAAM! SUPERB! TERRIFIC!!!! MAYA MAYA!!

ALL PRAISE HIS NAME!

4 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Congrats to you!! Way to go! Glad to hear that your mom is doing better now too. Praise God!

Tanya said...

Great job WS!!! PTL about your mom.

Betty said...

I think (after reading your description of learning numbers in Arabic in your previous post) that Arabic is tougher to learn than Lithuanian, which I found to be is pretty tough. My hat is off to you girl for all your hard work... apparently you have an ear for this!!! COOL!!! WOO HOO!!

and PTL with you about your mom (and dad)!!!
GREAT NEWS!!!! and still praying for your heart!!!

hugs and love!!!

Tami said...

Wendy I am so glad your mom is doing better.
Let her know we are still praying for her. Way
to go with your class. I knew you would do
well. Good luck to Rob. Kira says to tell her
friend Jasmine Hi and Joshua too. Miss you
lots.