A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Learning Arabic.....

I'm sure plenty of you know 2 languages or some even more!

I just wanted to tell you that so far, the hardest thing is....there's no exact

my chair
her chair
his chair
their chair

or

my chairs
her chairs

you get the idea ;)

it's ALL different words and combos!

My favorite thing is that there are words reserved only for God that is not used in everyday language! And I adore that here, the Muslim's who speak English do not use our Holy God's name in vain!

I find Arabic to be MUCH more poetic to me than English and Spanish...and very difficult because, as the teacher told me today, I need to flatten my tone a bit...especially when I talk to men!

MWAH HA HA HA HA HA! So while it is poetic, I need to be careful HOW i say my poetry ;)

nuff rambles for today! Boring post, I know - NOT EVERY DAY CAN BE A DAY IN DISNEY LAND!

off to stomp my feet - who told me that ugly truth anyway? ;)

1 comment:

Betty said...

oh man, you mean you can't sound bubbly and enthusiastic while speaking Arabic?????
:( BUMMER!!!! lol ;)