A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Goooooooooooooooooooo White Sox!!!!

Joshua's first game here, first time up to bat...he hit a homerun! Not cuz it was a fast grounder that passed everyone...nope...sailed flat thru the air about 5' off the ground zipped past all the players mits held up..........he brought himself and the baserunner ahead of him home!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JOSHUA!!

Here's a coupe of cool shots!! The batting one is NOT staged...this is JUST seconds before CRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRACK!!


Joshua started his Little League today!! I'm already assistant coach next game ;) Nuttin like jumpin in first thing, LOVE IT! If Rob's here, he'll coach with me.



The 2 building shots is a building I just LOVE!! it has an arched bridge over a "mote" around it and it's just REALLY EXQUISITE! I always think of Betty and Steve and Sara S too! I just LOVE the architecture. I walk past it to my "new" and GLORIOUS shopping experience (based on Egyptian standards)...and now also to baseball. Mon night is practice, games on Sat. I think it's 5 weeks or something...but still GREAT for us! It is thru the Cairo American College...which is actually a school from Y-5 through 12th grade. We got on through my homeschool group connections LOVE the group! The people I absolutely adore...but the group together w/ the connections and support WHAT AN ANSWER TO YOURS AND OUR PRAYERS!!

Then there's the kids playing after the game...and then my bouquet of flowers from Touny - one of the doormen here. They all chuckle when the breeze is just right (nessim - breeze) I stand and slowly inhale w/ my eyes shut....and really enjoy the soft smell of flowers instead of smog ;) So they often pick me flowers ;)

I am well taken care of here ;)




3 comments:

Wendy said...

GO JOSHUA!!! YOU DA MAN!!! :)

Love the building too.

beautiful flowers! ahhmmmmmmmmmm...me smelling them. ;)

Heather said...

YOU ROCK JOSHUA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Next time, hit a home run for us Yoopers :)

Betty said...

Little League and a homer... AWESOME!!!!!
architecture... JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
bouquets of flowers.... HOW SWEET!!!!!

I love that the doormen are so thoughtful!!!!
aw Wendy!!!! they like you ;) heehee!!!
giggling like a school girl here!!
PTL FOR LIFE'S LITTLE TREASURES!!!!!