A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Remind me...

When we get to the US and I have to take 15 min to run to the store for something I forgot....

that I used to WALK that far in HEAT and CARRY stuff back :(

Remind me also when we get back to the US if I ever say I'm bored and life became mundane...remind me how busy it is here with consant cleaning, baking, shopping, teaching, repeat.

Remind me when I mention I'm hungry, that I went days w/o filling my tummy because I'm not fully taste-acclimated.

Remind me when I accidentally get a once-melted snickers, that REAL chocolate tastes GRAND no matter WHAT the texture.

And please remind me when I smell something bad....

that there was a day when I no longer smelled smog in Egypt...and forgot the smell of spring, fresh sheets in the evening of a long hot day....that the wretched stentch when I exited the plane.....is now officially "normal"

Thanks for reminding me ;)

1 comment:

Betty said...

~~ sigh ~~

sending big hugs...
I honestly don't think you'll need reminding ;)

love ya!!!