A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Where I need to be

First, I wanted to show you how much fun the kids are having on their bikes! :) With 2 layers on bottom and 3 layers on top, they keep warm riding their bikes. Jasmine is so fast now, when we went on the road, I had to jog beside her! Way to go, girly!








So many of you have lovingly supported me as I act like a toddler about having to return to the US ;)

Today, tho I may not be where I want to be....I was were I needed to be....

I had a beloved friend give me some encouraging reminders via skype this morning, the Holy Spirit used that to remind me of some other things while in the shower...and as I drove to my friend Tanya's church today, I actually enjoyed the sights around me. I opened my eyes....I can praise God in the storm and I will praise God in the storm. There is a storm within my heart, to be sure! But I was able to see His glory in creation...

3 turkeys waddled across the road while we waited

8 deer stood in a field waiting for spring planting

plenty of plump cows and horses adorned the farms

and hills roll alongside us

I also was right where I should be, at Tanya's church and with her family. I was not ready for a church where I was 'recognized' - but God had me at her church for another reason....to remember that each day we must surrender..right where I'm at! And to hear other people talk who had been brought to the US and this was no longer their home...to hear other's hearts who were bleeding like mine....

and to hear my kids reunite with her kids as if no time passed....

today...I was right where I needed to be and each of you have been instrumental in helping me see that - thru words of encouragement when you "get" what I'm feeling and thru prayers and support...THANKS! now enjoy the moments i enjoyed today! Thanks for looking!

Love from Michigan,
Wendy




Joshua is truly a Michigander! 36, sunny...no coat....window is down....BRRRRR! I have not acclimated as much as him *yet*

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Aww Wendy... so glad God spoke to you today through friends; the transition will be tough no doubt. Sending my prayers up for you!

Wendy said...

Bless your heart! I'm happy that you had a good day today. God supplies all our needs. He knows. Love your photos. You know I am a Michigander through and through. ;) Pure Michigan! Love you!