A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Weeping Wednesday

I think that says it all.

But in between the terrible-byes and the shared blessings....I got some great moments...and snapshots! Enjoy the last glimpse of Egypt....

Started the day at church - praying right here...for these nations.....don't want to forget!


Found my brothers today and had the BEST compliment EVER! Robert told me that I have been like a momma to them - most of them haven't had any mother figure since puberty.....they told me they got along before without a momma, but they really all felt like I was their momma...or big sister, when I said "HOW OLD DO YOU THINK I AM?!" lololol and we all laughed
Simon is on the right in the photo and Robert is on the left of the photo


Spring here is SO fragrant!!!!!!!!!! But the Jasmine trees are killing my allergies, I must confess ;) Not sure what this tree is, but it caught my eye! Had to share it with you.









Amy called me today and said "are you still eating your way thru the last days in Egypt?" LOLOL - yes I am!

I found a BK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO WAY! :( I'm so sad that I waited until today to find it...I didn't try it, cuz I wanted to go Egyptian and eat at one of their little restaurants - like our new shirts? Got one for my mom too!!!






*really* thank you for enjoying this journey thru the blog! thank you for prayers and encouragement for us, for our church, for the people of Egypt too!! The food ministry is still going on!! You can still maintain support at

www.maadicommunitychurch.com
egiving
community care

and watch God feed the multitudes!!

*thanks*

ma3salama, ya mSr!

go in peace, Egypt!

baHebbek, habibi!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm home with Gracie this morning. She has a bug. Finally able to sit and read your blog! You've done such an awesome job of showing us Egypt...the sights, sounds, smells...the whole experience. I know you are so very sad to leave. I'm sorry! :( It looks like you soaked up every last drop. Praying for you today my sweet friend as you leave a place you have grown to love. God has a plan...even though we can't always see it clearly. Love ya!