A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Some Faces to the Places

Today I had the honor of distributing food to a center for children. These children either have no living parents and are taken in by neighbors..or they have parents...but the caregivers are working. Their jobs pay so low that they live together and cannot afford their own home. The 4 adults who run this home get zero money ever! It is easier for a refugee woman to find work, than a man. Because they can be a nanny or maid (very VERY low paying jobs).

These children were fed banana's today and noodles will be for later - some of them would not have otherwise eaten today except for a cup of milk!

There are political reasons that I cannot include every beautiful photo I took today, but I can include a couple :) Please pray for these people! Even the dual working families make $5/day if they are "lucky" - which is not enough for a shack over their heads or one full tummy/day! Today 150 non working families came - none of them had eaten in at least 2 days..some longer :( I had 60 bags of food.

Deut 15:11
For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Enjoy the pics! You all know that it's killing me not to take some of them home with me, RIGHT?! ~sigh~



No comments: