A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Everyday Life....


Every day continues :) I know some of you still want everyday life notes. I have enjoyed some clothes shopping the last few days with a dear friend. Before that, I enjoyed dinner out and laughter with another dear friend. I plan to slip onto a falooca on the coming weekend (sailboat of the Nile River) as well as enjoy some Egyptian food!

I enjoy the new relationship with the kids where I feel energized to see them in the afternoon when it's time to play together! Instead of burned out from teaching them all day.

I still have my groceries delivered and have proof for you ;)

I still continue to fall short of being perfect and rub people the wrong way and struggle with grace for others and myself sometimes too.

Everyday life is VERY different from your lives ;) But in many ways, still the same....trying to make sure the kids will eat what I make, finding enough hours to relax, enjoy, parent, refresh and take care of the house. And somedays I wake up grumpy and don't know why and wish tomorrow was already here!

Everyday life is the same everywhere in that regard, I think! lol or maybe I just "hope" so that I don't feel 'quite' so guilty! lol

Thanks for praying, encouraging, continuing friendships and accepting me even when I'm not giddy or even when I've been on a 'soapbox' too long!

Love,
Wendy

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I,for one, LOVE the everyday notes!! Love you too!!

Anonymous said...

I love reading whatever notes you have to give us! I LOVE hearing YOU...the real, whatever mood you're in...YOU!!

JenT

Wendy said...

Love hearing it ALL hear too! :) Glad you are enjoying the "new relationship" with the kids. Wonderful!! :)

Steph P said...

AMEN to that! We are all stiving to do our best and can't succeed all the time. Thankfully the Lord knows this AND still loves and accepts us. Humbling. Was grumpy just this am and snapped at the kids-ugh. Tomorrow is another day to try again!