A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Saturday's Snapshots

We were going to go to the pyramids, but my ride's car broke down and so we spent the day sorting, packing and distributing...then so glad Flora came to clean! I have so enjoyed our chats and laughter when she's been here...two mornings/week for 4 hours. I took the kids to the club's location on the Nile. Joshua ate grilled fish, Jasmine ate rice in grape leaves, I had chicken with some type of interesting mushroom sauce. After we ate, we sat on the floating dock and snuggled...talked....laughed...remembered....and I cried some more. I would think I'm done crying by now!

Here's a glimpse of Saturday! It started with photos of some of the men who work in the building....I tried to get a group shot of the Sudanese workers but they weren't around. Sunday begins the work week, so should catch them today!







1 comment:

Steph P said...

Soak in everything you can-how wonderful that you will have your blog to look through when you get back. You can read and see pictures of what you experienced and learned. It's not the same as being there but at least you don't have 500 pictures to print and put in an album before you can enjoy them! Praying.