A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Sunday's Snot


I was trying to think of another S word for Sunday and be all cute-sie (yes you can roll your eyes) and snot came to mind

lol

because I do so very much crying still. I woke up at 3:12 yesterday crying and the snot just rolled...so there ya have it - Sunday's Snot! ;)

Yrene continues to shower me with with free rides for the kids to and from school so that I have more time to grieve, rest, stare at the wall, pray, pack pack pack pack pack and sort! I'm so thankful!

My day started with tea at Yrene's house with her and Sherry....and lots of tears. I watched Joseph waddle around their living room and count to 3 in Spanish before ramming us full speed with his head. I love the innocence and energy of children! awesome! Then I moved onto Fiona's via Pamela's van. Ade and Pamela met me at the apartment both wanting to drive me - so us 3 rode in Fiona's van. Ade just returned Friday - I haven't seen her since the revolution, they returned to Nigeria the Sun after all chaos broke loose here. It was hard to see her just to say good bye, but I was so glad to serve with her later as you will see!

Mid-day, when I had some moments of composure, I grabbed a photo with Sa3id (sigh-eed). I have always felt so welcomed here, I was so blessed with great men who serve here, not everyone has such great experiences in their living accomodations! I have been richly blessed!!




The kids are mostly sad right now - I think if I could get a grip, they'd be better...but yesterday afternoon they both came home from school moping ;( Jasmine found this box and stayed in it quite sad........

normally, she'd help back bags or organize the rubbish (there goes my "English" again).

Not sure yet what today holds.....we didn't get to do all the last-minute things we wanted...but I did get to take the kids last night to say good bye to Abuna. I cried a LOT. He, Mina, Amy and I are praying for someone to say YES to God, to take over the food ministry.....please pray with us! So many are hurting...we CAN help some!

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Awww Wendy, lots of goodbyes... so hard I'm sure. Praying for all of you and for someone to take over the food ministry!

Steph P said...

Sunday's...
Scene
Story
Scoop
Saga
Sequel
Spiel
Just thought I'd help you out for the future, although "snot" does tecnically fit! :0)

Seriously though I am praying. The picture of Jasmine in a box is so sad. : (