A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Concrete to Country

talk about culture shock! being in the country today, I saw so many extreme differences, I had to photo blog it! First, I have to tell you.....when we got to Egypt, I hated brushing my teeth - the water there is NEVER cold! Until I became adjusted to it...I forgot..until I brushed my teeth here last week Th night..and Friday morning..and....every time after....THE WATER HERE IS TOO COLD NOW! hurts my teeth!

LOL

you know you're in the country in Michigan and not in the concrete desert of Cairo when you see bear hides hanging and maple trees running with sap into buckets! And when you can sit out back and roast over an open fire and make all the noise you want without a care in the world for who hears you!

GET YOUR HAND OUT OF THAT BEAR'S MOUTH, JASMINE, BEFORE YOUR GRANDMOTHER WALKS BY!
lol



the giant old trees reserving their energy for spring....so haunting and beautiful!


chickens in the neighbors yard as we went for a walk


hot dogs and marshmallows over an open fire

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Definitely a contrast!!

Wendy said...

Very happy to hear from you!! You've been a bit on the quiet side. I've been concerned. It's good to see your smiling face. I hope you are ok!! Big hugs to you!