A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Final Friday Photos

Church was amazing! I know...I know....I should save the best for last...but I simply can't! Church was amazing! I stopped singing and just raised my face up and listened....I was reminded of the different dialects of English all around me..something I had now gotten used to and once sounded so unique and wonderful and very different....I drank it all in, remembering that what brings us together at MCC is love for Christ, being one body...not that we're all the same or that we're all alike..but that we have a similar love, a similar Savior, a similar passion, a similar Father and we recognize it....I drank it in...

and I rushed out twice to sob ;) The sound of His praises being sung in a Muslim country by 40 different nations......some things cannot be expressed in words!

Church before that was TERRIFIC! I hadn't yet taken the kids to St Mary's Church on the Nile. You've seen it photographed FROM the Nile - this is one of the miracles in Egypt - along with a lot of amazing martyrs - a Bible was found floating (forgot when....drats, how annoying! sorry!) in Arabic - opened to Isaiah 19. After what we've been praying and seeing happen, I think it's amazing we chose NOW to go there! Neat neat! The atmosphere was so relaxed and gentle and the sound of the Nile sloshing softly was soothing and the scent by the Nile is always quite a bit fresher..it was much needed by us all! We ran into our Coptic Friend, Mina and enjoyed some drinks togther. He has been the link between our church and the Coptic Priest that some of you know about and I can't wait for freedom of speech to say MORE about! :) We call him "Aboona" - it literally means "our father" - very similar to Catholic speech, but as Coptics don't see him as a mediator between them and God - rather a "guide" and shepherd. There are similarities and differences...just neat to point them out.

Hope you enjoy a glimpse at our day and the extra blessings God brought our way thru friendships not only Friday but EVERYday!

I like that a LOT, Char.....this has been a pit stop and we did know that and there is something great coming....I left a lot of great things....I left a different person....I am going to return to even greater things because of what God has done in me...and I am excited about that!!!!! I am so thankful for how my friendships in Michigan changed - FOR THE BETTER!!!!!!!!! That is an unexpected turn of events! AWESOME!! See you all very soon!! I registered the kids for Excel PLEASE pray we get in this fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could go as I went for Joshua's original drawing..maybe one of you will go in my place?! :) I'd sure love that!

I even took the kids to a mall we hadn't browsed yet BECAUSE - seriously - it opens at 8pm at night! LOL - I will *not* miss having half the day pass before I can go out! nothing is hopping until 11 am here daily! and you know my early riseres never did become Egyptian in that way! LOL




3 comments:

Tanya said...

I'll be at the lottery Wed. Gotta hear my Josiah's name being called anyways. :)

Char said...

It looks like a wonderful way to spend your final Friday in Egypt...for this trip that is! Safe travels this next week!

Michelle said...

Sweet Wendy, we are so loking forward to seeing you again! What an amazing journey this has been for all of you. We never do know what God has in store for us. I trust He is delivering you home to us because it is His timing, and that your purpose in Him was fulfilled in Egypt. How beautiful that is!
Regarding the lottery--the kids won't be in the lottery, because that window closed, but they are in great grades for being accepted and we will look at that together when you get back! No worries, God has this too!
Much love!