A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

We have lights!!




You Americans are thinkin American and scratching your heads, right? Going..

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaay...yes...you have lights.....soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!?!?

Well, we have BATTERY LIGHTS! 4 flourescent bulbs in two lamps!! Woo hoo!! You see, we loos electricity at random times...when it goes off before bedtime, it's quite "disconcerting." It's not like we packed oil lamps and flashlights.....ain't no Walgreens on every corner ;)

We loose power EVERY single day..for how long really depends, but I think the longest was 4 hrs in the very wee hours of morning.....inevitably....Joshua freaks out.....wakes us all up and then we realize we're also hot because the a/c's been off.

So....we looked for flashlights to no avail...I'd like the kids to have flashlights so they can feel some "power" over the lack thereof.

But for now....they can have light (w/o candles - asthma+candles+add kid = DANGER) and I can still cook dinner or etc in another room :-)

On the way, we got a treat from McDonald's, had to show ya! :-) Fries and shakes taste JUST like Michigan :-)

Also HAD to get a good shot of this tree w/ the roots coming DOWN from the branches!!!!! do you see the trunk is "roots" and the branches of "roots" coming DOWN?! whoa! cool!

And the last one...we found another cute "used" bookstore - they had ONE Clive Cussler book - now I have RAISE THE TITANIC!! I have finished 2 books now in the last month ;) and I paid $4 and w/o shipping ;) Joshua read 6 "2nd level" readers today, he wanted you all to know :-) He's mighty proud :-) I ask him questions and he writes or sketches little reports...reading is one thing..comprehending is another.

He found my 6th grade rendition of Moby Dick and read it himself outloud......learned a lot of "language" and then wrote a 6 PAGE report :-) with 4 sketches to tell more.

Ok so back to the pic of ME! Rob takes the pic of me, says my hair looks great..and I'm all - HEY, IT'S NOT WC, IT'S WD! Then I chuckled......at my friend WC!!! I was also happy it doesn't say "toilet" :-) whew! not a toilet pic, just the wrong Wendy ;) that may only make sense to WC ;) that's ok with me!! Just sendin love across the ocean over an "everyday" type post!

Oh for $21 we're having Fillet Mignon, mashed potatoes, spring rolls for each of us DELIVERED for supper! :-) :-) :-)

My rosemary should be here in 35 min also. If I do well, Rob says he'll get me a rose bush out there too! :-) I will miss my gardens in Kentwood....but alas, fresh strawberries tonight that were picked this morning, I shan't whine ;)

Salaam, mi amigos!

lol

2 comments:

Betty said...

sounds like a really good day!!! WOO HOO!!
the bookstore is a great find... and LOVE the WC/WD joke lololol...
and batteries... thumbs UP!!! whatta great invention, huh? ;) all good stuff... happy dancin with ya girl!!!

Wendy said...

rotflmbo!!!!!! I looked at the photo and noticed it right away. Hee Hee!! I think I told you about the conversation I had with mil when we lived in England about the "WC". :)

GREAT job with the reading Joshua!!! GO GO GO!!!

And your hair does look great! :)

Love ya,

WC.... ;)