A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Final Pics of Pharaonic Village






above you see from our cruise ride. You can see the farming areas right on the edge of the town...you see the kids exploring and just some great interesting moments Rob tried to capture! You've already seen the video from our cruise ride below too! I hope you enjoyed the music that we hear. Have I told you about the prayers 5 times/day? It is broadcast (understatement) among the cities....I no longer "hear" it anymore in a startling WHOA IT'S 5:20 TIME TO PRAY type of way ;) but Joshua notices at noon when we're at the park, that all his soccer buddies run off for 10 min ;) Not belittling....just informing! :-) Don't take my information the wrong way please! :-)

1 comment:

Char said...

I can imagine that hearing prayers 5 times a day would be quite different coming from here. It kinda reminds me though of our church songs that chime every hour during the day across the street from our house. I no longer hear them...but every once in a while a new comer to our neighborhood comments on how annoying it must be to hear every hour. I always reply with...what, oh yeah the church chimes...because I don't think about them any more either!