A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Al Ahlzar Park

**some people have said they can't see the details of what I've photographed**
WELL - if you click on any photo one time, it'll load full size, you can see the amazing details! on any post..at any time and it still never downloads to your computer!!** HAPPY VIEWING!

We had asked the Lewis family to come to the club together today...they said yes...then rethought it and decided that we should all go to Al Ahlzar Park. It is on a hill across from the Citadel which also holds Muhammad Ali Mosque. It was lush here and really calm and beautiful. We had a wonderful picnic lunch together and just....enjoyed friendship!! We left at 11:20 and got home at 4:30 - it was marvelous! The weather is still holding at low 70's but the wind has kicked up a bit more today so my sinuses are really funky tonight :-(

Everyone's showered, kids are about to fall asleep for the night, so I put on a Veggie Tale's movie while I post photos...and make us something for supper.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, FRIENDS!!!!!!!!! Mother's Day in Egypt!!! :-)

I love you women for showing me how to be a better mother, for loving those who are not even your children, for loving me! xoxoxoxoxox Happy Mother's Day!

Melanie D - I took a pic JUST for you! It's 2 pics actually....a tree and the label below it.....I felt like givin you a big ole hug...instead...I took these for you! It'll become obvious as you scroll thru!! Joshua's working on a letter for Gage this week - shhh..don't tell him! no idea WHEN I'll get to the post office again!







you can see there's a big playground in one area...after about 45 min, our kids were sick of Egyptians wanting to touch their skin or have photos taken together..so we moved on ;)







the fancy ceiling/water pool, etc is all part of a VERY nice restaurant. The park is .... well park is an understatement really ;) I'm up high enough for you to see the smog even across the city.






I think like 5 more pics you see this....such extreme poverty..but they have to have satellite tv - yeesh!?! priorities! These are the people who sometimes beg me, who doesn't have tv - for money - goodness! I'm picky about who I give to ;) Sorry to sound like a snob - lol.






a shot from the back of the restaurant......John said I should say HEY HERE'S A PHOTO OF OUR HOME FINALLY! ha ha ha!!



2 comments:

The Dickersons said...

LOVE the sign! Too funny! Gage loved the gift from Joshua! He felt very special to recieve it! Glad to see that you are finding new and exciting places to spend your days. We love reading your posts and seeing the pics! Especially the ones with your guys in them:) Take Care!

Betty said...

The park looks so refreshing... must have been fun, good for you!!!!
oh and...

HAPPY BELATED MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU TOO HONEY!!!!

:D