A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pyramids - More Pics, Some Notes, drive home






This is how Jasmine got into the tomb...Rob says "let him do it, THIS is what they get tips to do" but trust me...I'd have been MUCH happier going down first and up last than THIS! Did I mention my b/p skyrocketing as we plummeted into the earth? yes..well..

The large immaculate building is a courthouse on Cornish. Not like cornish hen ;) Corn - neeesh only said quickly :) I thought it was Comish, remember? :-) Just clarifying my own accent! lol

So the pyramids....it is regulated in sorts that there are military making sure fights are broken up, heads are whacked for creating a scene, people who are idiots get kicked out and you pay the government....to...keep it the LE and do what, we don't know.

No one cleans up. There is one bathroom and n thank you,I'll just wet myself. There is no orderly lines or signs (not even in Arabic). There are so many thugs, that even being firm wasn't enough.....pit bull is the better description of how to get the locals "off your back."

To say that visiting the pyramids is chaotic is QUITE an understatement!!

The boat museum is VERY clean and organized..it is obvious the man who runs that place knew what he needed to do, to be sure it was respected and that ALL people could enjoy it!

So anyone NOT egyptian visiting the pyramids

ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!

DO NOT CARRY YOUR MONEY ALL IN ONE SPOT!

BEWARE!!!!

would I go again? Yes, when our parents visit...I don't regret it...I knew on some level, what was in for.....everyone should do it once.....BUT...HEED MY WARNINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ignoring doesn't work!

being forceful doesn't work!

they are THUGS..they are NOT confused, they are NOT to be pitied...they are taking advantage of EVERY type of foreigner

BE RUDE!!

I don't mean cuss and swear and belittle....I mean WOMEN...use your voice, be forceful!

DO NOT LET THEM TOUCH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! with an Islamic society like this, touching means they're becoming too comfortable anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yell out

DO NOT TOUCH ME!!

and I mean YELL!

why?

GET ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there...I've posted the warnings I heeded.......and worked for us.....

People have tried to be nice, I know, I've heard their stories first hand.....you brush them off....you don't heed the warnings...and then you basically get bushwacked!

HEED

MY

WARNINGS!

1 comment:

HollyMarie said...

Wendy, is there more to this story that you're not telling us?? What happened?