A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mom goes to Zamalek



Remember I said previously, I wouldn't recommend going to Zamalek without a car and good driver? Well, trust me - we had both today ;) The sedan and driver were great! My mom found out why I insisted she sit in the front herself.......45 min of swerving, slamming on breaks and dodging donkey carts (as well as families on motorcycles)...front is best...except she was QUITE cold because we were getting woozy in the back, so we had the a/c blasting. The driver knows I like it cold, so he came with a heavy coat!! lol

look closely!! there is a wee baby between the adults...sleeping..and the toddler on the tank.....sigh...


The Nutcracker was simply STUNNING!! The Cairo Balley Company did a phenomenal job!!!!! The skeptics (mom, Joshua, mohamed) ended up being just as thrilled and captured as us 2 young girls ;)

We went up the Cairo Tower. Wanted to hit that spot for my mom while we were already right there. Then we stopped for koshary.....

mmm...mom confirms KOSHARY IS FABULOUS!! the driver told us "everyone must eat when one eats, it smells too much"

ha!

that's the truth!! especially the liquified garlic I pour over it...mmmmm!!!

We had a great day! a long but WONDERFUL day! Tomorrow is a guided tour of some mosques. Been waiting to go w/ my mom. It's a homeschool group going actually.....that's always even more fun with lots of friends!!





looking down at the Opera House (above)
Joshua being very cold - aaah..it was comfy at the top of the tower ;)



1 comment:

Kim S. said...

Wendy - you are just beaming! I can see the happiness in your face and it is wonderful to see! So glad you are having a blast with your Mom! What fun memories you are making! Miss you!