A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Mom goes to City Stars

"it's so unreal! please pinch me, I cannot believe I'm really here seeing all of this, I can't get enough pictures I want to show the traffic somehow, saying it's like Detroit isn't even adequate! You see pictures of this on movies, but you can't believe it!"

that is a quote from my mom this morning. We spent 5 hrs shopping at City Stars Mall. She enjoyed our taxi Ayman, the traffic, all that was around us and all the shopping. Here's a glimpse from her eyeview!!

ps from Wendy - I didn't realize how very tan I am until I saw my mom!! lol! Eat your heart out you pastey Michigan friends (tee hee)


above is Mokkatam hills - you've heard that before when I went to Garbage city
across the road is the Citadel, my mom said "CAN WE GO THERE?" I promise it's on "the list" but it's a full day!
Below - she enjoys the uniqueness of the mosques as I do.
3rd is the ampitheatre where President Sadat was assassinated years ago.



Below - at City Stars Entrance. THANKS JOSHUA, GREAT PIC!!



Above - LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW! LET IT SNOW! little styrofoam pelts cycling thru to "snow" out the top of the tree!
Below - mmmm CHILI'S for lunch!



literal translation is "city of the dead"
below is a cemetery
NO Egyptians are cremated EVER - not Coptic nor Muslim. This is a Muslim Cemetery, below is Coptic (with a church we photographed). they are buried in "open houses" really together as families. Dug deep and layer up.





a gift from the gardener to my mom! WHAT A SPECIAL SURPRISE!! Waleed's quite a nice guy! We're well taken care of and looked out for here!!

No comments: