A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Like Ice

How long does an expat from Michigan have to be in Egypt before she's cold....remember the whining about the heat?

GET OUT OF TOWN, I'VE GOT SHIVERS AND I FIGURED OUT HOW TO TURN HEAT ON IN HERE!!!!! after 9.5 mo of being hot all the time and a couple weeks of being comfy.......I'M LIKE ICE!

IT'S ONLY 58 FOR HEAVEN SAKES!

stop laughing......

oh why not laugh...IT IS HILARIOUS! Especially if you know how I adore winter and snow....and at 58, I'm shivering...

MY BONES ACHE...I'M FREEEZING!

In Arabic I asked the postal delivery guy how are you and he responded in Arabic "like ice"

My teacher showed up in a winter coat, a scarf and shaking hands......

yup....WE'RE LIKE ICE HERE TODAY!

WINTER HAS COME TO EGYPT, FOLKS!!!

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

hunker down, don't go out if you don't have to!

Shivering in Cairo,
Wendy

2 comments:

The Dickersons said...

You crack me up!!! 58 degrees!!! LOL While I'm sitting in the house deciding if we're going to cancel our trip to Coopersville for the Santa Train this afternoon....we've got 35 degrees and dropping(feels like 26), an icy/snowy/icky mix coming down and waiting for the winds to pick up dramatically!! You're too funny! Maybe I should have sent some thermal underwear with your mom instead of the sunscreen:)

Steph P said...

Too funny! It's 13 here as I type this...I'm cold too. 58 is 40 deg. colder then you have been used too! Makes sense. Grab a blanket and some Hot Chocolate!