A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

We started the day with HIS story - jiggity jig! WHAT A THRILL!

We stuffed our faces with pancakes and fresh oranges!

Skyped my dad for over an hour while we exchanged gifts, laughter, thanks and more memories!

Our friends James and Mohamed came by around 4 pm. We ate at 5:30. We played lots of card games, had a LOT of VERY loud laughter and just enjoyed the day. Kids went to bed at 7, the guys left at 10:30. We learned 2 new card games - Fancy Nancy and later Mohamed taught us one. Of course I didn't make the guests play Fancy Nancy with us! LOL

The friendly competition was heard by the entire building and likely the surrounding area. ha ha!

Today, Rob is working, mohamed, my mom and the kids and I are going to see the Nutcracker!!

Here's a glimpse of yesterday! I hope your day was filled with laughter and love! Ours sure was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Merry Christmas to your whole family! Looks like you had a very special and blessed day. :)

Char said...

I can't think of a more wonderful way to spend the holiday than with friends, and your mom. I've loved reading about her adventure visiting your family, I'm sure it'll be hard for her to leave. Much love to your family as you celebrate the holiday season!

HUGS