A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Some Sept Photos


Today the littlest dhl truck went by. We have seen UPS trucks like this maybe 5 times in 7 months. I always think of Karen and Ray! HI GUYS!! Anyway, happened to have the camera out and Rob snapped a quick one while it was parked outside our building.

Other photo is yesterday at art class. These 2 boys wanted a photo of their Matisse pieces. yes, Betty, the entire sloped alley and the beads in windows - that is ALL the art place! It is so artistically stimulating, everyone I take there oh's and ah's and feels overwhelmed. :)



Joshua is doing well in Arabic writing/reading. Today I read the Arabic word for Pepsi which literally translated is (bee-yib-see said quickly tho). I am showing you a sample of his work from today. the word for pony is "see see" basically. And then sushi is well...sushi! ha ha!! Thought you'd enjoy these 3 pics today!! *sorry, couldn't get it to scan in a format to show here...hmmmm???*

By the way, the "African American" comments had me snickering...people here say I am an African American - know why? Well, I'm an American (citizenship, my parents and their parents live there and speak the language). I actually have now lived in Africa as a home - not as a tourist. And I speak an African language. I think after the last post, this may make you all smile!

Some Egyptians say I'm an Egyptian, some say I'm an African. Lots of Sudanese say I'm Egyptian-African now :)

and now I'm off to have a frozen popsicle in one hand and a hunk of pork bacon in the other DEFINITELY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOT EYPGTIAN this afternoon!

1 comment:

Char said...

I love how much you all have grown since moving there 7 short months ago! Keep on studying and growing - physically, mentally, and socially - and I don't think I'll recognize all of you when you get back. :)

That's a good thing by the way! Hugs!!!!