A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Our Little Scientist

researching soil, water cycle (I am impressed he remembered our unit of this from 2nd grade here! and botany.....

learning electrical safety......

Here's Joshua! Thanks for the tip on using Apologia Science - this curriculum ROCKS! I am amazed at how Joshua can remember the latin and multiple ideas without me drilling it in. He loves this stuff and I'm glad we chose botany to start 3rd grade!

Here's some fun photos of the last 10 days.......Waleed graciously gave us some good soil from the Nile (in Arabic it's Tina - the girls' name in English).


Rob gleefully takes over my teaching task of building a light hut for Joshua's plants - Joshua dives in full throttle to help wire the light.

Yes, this is dirt in the middle of my house - no of course Rob isn't home (tee hee)

Finally DID find some cones! I have seen "pine needle type trees" around - sparse - but around nonetheless - Jasmine found cones on the ground and I found this above me! Joshua did climb up and get some unopened ones - we watched them open and have their seeds to explore when Rob gets home WITH A MICROSCOPE! WOO HOO!!

We planted the seeds in old plastic jars (pb and crackers) so we could watch the process, it's been fun to do this week!


No comments: