A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Thursday, September 16, 2010



I just had to show you the pile of garbage on this "our" garbage truck. Beside it here is where it gets "dumped" when accumulated...and dogs, cats, "animalistic children" and the garbage workers sort it...with bare hands and feet...then they bag it and....haul it off...IS THAT A LOT ON THE BACK OF THAT TRUCK OR WHAT? now the best part would be if I could bring myself to humiliation pt of taking a photo while they travel...2 guys IN the truck...and guess where the other 2 are?

ON TOP! WHY NOT?! have also seen them so full, guys hang on the ropes OFF THE BACK of the truck!

hmm..not so sure!

Ok now onto a few posts ago, I put up a "wagon" that I wasn't sure what was in the drums...well........James saw my photo and said 'why did you take a picture of the RamaDaan juice?'

oooooooooooooooooooh! This guy was selling bags of fresh fruit juice! They put it in bags and you drink it as the day goes by....when it's super hot, they're allowed to have a certain amount...and I guess this bag is just the size! hm..interesting! I'd say it's about 10 oz of juice in one bag (I happened to see one w/o knowing where it came from)

Also! I have been localized a bit more - I have gone to calling my apartment "the house." Having own a house and lived in it, I called things "home" but sometimes I got specific "townhouse, apartment, condo, etc" but...I've lived here awhile now..I say "my house" and I mean..my apartment here in Maadi, not the house in Kentwood which is HOPEFULLY "finally" getting fixed from my neighbors tree that fell on it after we warned them and tried to split the cost to take it down...oh...I sense I need to pray about my bitterness again....

off to do just that!

TOMORROW IS A TRIP TO THE PYRAMIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

HollyMarie said...

Praying that your house in Kentwood is fixed soon! Have fun at the pyramids!! :)