A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Friday, September 24, 2010

15 Years in Egypt

In less than one year, I have begun to better understand the movement of Old Testament characters like Abraham, Joseph and obviously of Mary and her Joseph too! We have come to better understand some wars and etc...pretty incredible! I have come to better understand what Abraham gave up in Sumer as well! Tho..obviously not completely! Altho, one day next week, for history, Joshua and I will be going w/o certain things just to get a "glimpse" into - tho I'm sure moving here and hunting for fresh water and food for the first 2 months is STILL fresh on our minds..don't you?

So what will I learn after 15 years here?

Wait..no no no! We haven't made a 15 yr commitment - Rob and I just celebrated 15 years of marriage....on the Nile. I try to say that slowly to let it sink in, I think it never will! "on the Nile" and the 15 years part - wow - where did my youth go? who am I kidding? I'm still as immature as ever! and I have my Arabic joking abilities to prove it! At least both my kids still think I'm hilarious!!! Wonder if THEY will after 15 years with me? snicker...snicker....

Happy Anniversary, Rob! Sept 21 was 15 years. On the Nile has become my FAVORITE place in the world - thanks for thinking of it!!

Can't wait to share it with Rob's dad in Oct...and both of my parents this winter!! WOO HOO!! Egypt only gets better and better!! (Please remind me when there's nowhere for me to walk w/ small kids but IN the traffic and people blare the horn and yell - I think they have seen Spiderman do his tricks and assume ALL Americans are this talented - HA!)

What a beautiful celebration that so many people worked to make so special for us! Thank you to our parents and our grandmothers, especially! MISS YOU ALL!!

3 comments:

heather W. said...

15 yrs.! Congratulations! How cool to spend it on the Nile! =) We are getting close to 15 ourselves. It is hard to believe isn't it?

Wendy said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Stephanie P said...

Congratulations!! 15 yrs is quite an accomplishment these days! We are 16 yrs this Dec.!