A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Recent Events......


Rob finally found enchilada sauce! HOORAY so he got me six.....almost $8 per jar! That's a hard price tag to swallow!

Dorito's - saw doritos stacked in BOXES - the box pile was above my head!! I think 6 bags may not have been enough for me! mwah ha ha ha!

Came across 4 boxes of Silk Soy milk - bought them all!

Dug through the cheeses and found 2 more hunks of the Irish red cheddar I've come to adore - mmmm!

Haven't had Pharoah's Revenge or migraines since drinking one gatorade/day ($6/small container). HOORAY for figuring out it was electrolyte imbalance and not "just" dehydration. I think it's been at least one month! Drat, maybe I can't eat those dorito's then, huh? hee hee!!

Egg plants here come in 3 sizes or types or something....white ones that are more like zucchini in size and shape. Purple ones like sweet peppers and then the ones I've seen in the US. Today I finally asked one of the workers, when he told me bentengaan, I was like "bentengaan" all doubtful and questioning....tee hee! Oh I mean...egg plant. Going to just leave that so you all can roll your eyes at me.

Found out that the Sudan is NOT one country! Nope, a few years ago it split. It is officially S Sudan (safe) and N sudan (Not Safe).

Egyptian Americans return to Egypt (well Islamic Foreigners with Egyptian heritage) for RamaDaan.

Laid hands on desks, walls and door frames at local refugee school while my son prayed over students and staff! Praised God for building a fire in Joshua - as I listened to him rebuke satan's work in the name of the Lord Jesus!

not sure anything can top that, so I'll end the recent events with that VERY high note......

humbly yours,
Wendy

2 comments:

Steph P said...

GOJoshua! It's wonderful to see GOd working in our kids isn't it!

Would it be cheaper to send you some ench. sauce?? Or a bunch of packets of spices? Can you get tomatoes?
Glad you could find a few tastes of home! : )

Kim S. said...

I love hands on learning and it looks like your kids do too! How awesome that you get that opportunity!!!

So heart-warming to hear about Joshua and his fired up heart! What an awesome testimony of how his parents have instilled in him the Love of the Lord! Way to go to all of you!