A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Highlights From Today's Art Class

Mr. Left Brain Dominant really struggled today and even argued with the teacher....who I assured it's fine to keep pushing my Mr. L.B. to help him use the other side of his brain. I love Joshua's seriousness.....it cracks me up!





If Joshua could paint squares or sketch real life items, he'd be as happy as Jasmine was today doing funky wood art! The kids had SO much fun!!! Thanks for sharing in our day.

We had a VERY unique and wonderful experience tonight....as we were walking from the church where the kids were playing on their scooters and I was studying for Arabic tonight......we were invited to sit in on a music lesson.....where our wonderful drummer from the Congo was teaching a woman to play THE AFRICAN DRUM!!

base tonga tonga tonga base, base tonga tonga tonga base

is rollin in my head!

WHAT A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE! If I wasn'st studying Arabic.......

1 comment:

Stephanie P said...

Jasmine looks so happy-yeah ART!
Joshua looks not so happy-but it's good for him! :)
We LOVE art here!!
Very cute wood art and cool colors too!