A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Final Outcome

from the pottery birthday celebration.....



This drink here is MARVELOUS! For lack of a better description..here goes!
Warm coconut milk with choc drizzle in the cup, on top is 4 raisins, chopped peanuts, shredded coconuts, cinnamon and I don't know what else! IT'S A TASTE AND TEXTURE DELIGHT, TO BE SURE!!!



My mom said today - well we skipped school, I think I'm sadder today than the kids, I can't teach.....last day w/ my mom here.....couldn't teach! We spent the day at the club....and I needed my warm comfort food! We got burgers at the club..and my mom said with strong disdain
I'VE SEEN ENOUGH CATS TO LAST ME A LIFETIME, WENDY!
lol
and just when I shoved the garbage in the can - this is how I found Jasmine and one cat.....so I quick grabbed a photo - sorta sums up the cat situation here....LOL

4 comments:

Steph P said...

We love painting ceramics! ANYthing to do with ART is good! Will be in prayer for you Wendy, as well as for the kids, Rob and your Mom. Glad you had such a great long visit.

Betty said...

Love the pottery! Everyone did such a nice job! Just thinking about the cats over there... Steve is HIGHLY allergic! I think he'd have a hard time even visiting Egypt.

Praying for all your hearts as your mom comes back to MI. :(

(((((((((((((WENDY)))))))))))))

Betty

Wendy said...

A picture speaks a thousand words...referring to the cat photo! HA!

The pottery is awesome and the drink sounds and looks delish!!!

Praying for you and you say goodbye to your Mama! :) Big HUGS!!!

Char said...

The pottery looks wonderful & your drink looks divine! I love sweet Jasmine's expression as the cat dug into the garbage. I hope your mom has safe travels back to the U.S., I know you will miss her tons. I hope that you all are doing well....many Hugs & happy birthday to Jasmine!