A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Party Rages On.....

Jasmine requested Korean food for her birthday. In the U.S., I could make it, but haven't figured out how to make that happen here. So the 5 of us went out for Korean!! MMMMMmmmmMMMMM!! *love* celebrating our princess! This is Tuesday night (Rob's available evening this week, glad we all could honor her!)






Wed was "the" day - HAPPY FIFTH, JASMINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
koll senna wa enti Tawebba, habiibi! baHebbek!

In keeping with my birthday DAY traditions....there was a candle in every meal - even OATmeal - lol



She passed out lollipops at school (did I say lollipops instead of suckers? oh my ENGLISH! ugh! lol)

Grandpa R (my dad) baked a cake, we sang together and the kids blew in one of the biggest "noreasters" - lol. They got them all on the first try - from Maadi to Michigan! (via skype)








After almost one week of celebrating, I guess I need to accept that she's 5 now. Five is SUCH a big deal to me! Officially no longer a toddler or baby. Officially a little girl.....such wonderful things ahead!! oh but....sigh...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JASMINE!

Your flare, your laughter, your funny faces, your new-found compassion for others, your new-found desire to pray your own thoughts.....you're a joy! A unique, wonderful joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO GLAD YOU'RE MY DAUGHTER!!!

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Oh so sweet... 5, FIVE??? How are our babies turning 5? Ellie's turn is coming in May and I just don't know that I'm letting her turn 5. I may just make her turn 4 again. Bereket is going to go backwards, instead of 9 in April I'm having her turn 7, LOL. Stop growing!!!

Looks like a really special day. Happy Birthday sweet girl Jamsine!!

Wendy said...

She defines joy...it's written all over her!! 5 is an awesome age!! ENJOY!!!