A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

How do you spell relief?


D
O
R
I
T
O
S

FROM AMERICA! Today, I found 4 bags of doritos from America!!!!!! Not the European wanna-be's that remind me of something stale and tasteless.....

the good ole - take a bag, grab a friend, a sappy movie and devour it in one sitting...THAT kind of doritos!

The last time I ate these, I was surrounded by the frienddship, love and hugs of some INCREDIBLY special ladies 2 days before leaving the country......

the memories are fresh and I feel so - overwhelmed by love, lump in my throat and tears in my eyes....

I LOVE YOU, FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

So for some weird notes - Joshua must be approaching puberty early, because he's getting clumsy - I thought this was a girl thing? 2 days ago, he ran into a brick wall and mangled his legs - thankfully no infection still - but it was a "potty wall" so EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! Yesterday, he jumped off a curb into a roundabout...the car saw him at the last minute and swerved, thankfully Joshua hit the car instead of the car hitting him.....the driver was so happy he was fine and happy I spoke Arabic....today, Joshua decided to do some sort of Michael Jackson move and wipe out a few cans of olives.....the manager told me I spend so much money there, he's not worried about it..then he scolded Joshua in broken English.

Yesterday, Jasmine and I, for the first time, organized the spice/soup/etc cupboard in the kitchen. Today she used Arabic to thank a lady at the store!

Today at the store, I made a new friend...helped a Canadian woman with 2 young children who just arrived and was out of food and water, didn't speak any Arabic and felt so overwhelmed....I told her i have been there too many times Feb and March. I think we'll be good friends now! And I talked with her to my delivery guys so she's all set, even told her about the high tipping ;) ($1 USD per man in the heat!) I am so glad God keeps using me and shows His purpose for me on such a daily basis so that I don't feel so lost in this world myself!!!

Well, Rob's in line at the phone company to pay his bill - been there more than an hour....he should be home soon and I need to dust the dorito dust off the computer..

WHAT? YOU THOUGHT I STOPPED MUNCHING TO TYPE TO YOU?!

3 comments:

Betty said...

AAAAAH, STINK CHIPS!!!! not had them in quite some time... not a good thing to be thinking about when your tummy's grumbling!!!! LOL!!! glad you enjoyed them and had good memories while eating. Now that's what I call a good snacking experience!!!!

OK, on the growing thing... tonight you MUST stand Joshua in a bucket of ice cold water so he stops. 8• not. just an old wives tale. ROTFLMBO!!!

PTL for you and the Canadian woman finding each other!!! YAY GOD!!!

Hugs to you girl!!!! ((((((((Wendy)))))))

Char said...

I know it's been a while since I've posted a comment, but I had to catch up after our vacation out to CO. I think I'm finally caught up now, and oh so glad you found a bit of relief after reading your last few posts. Despite the negatives it sounds as though you guys did have a decent holiday...at least it was a break from the norms!

I'm going to try to upload some pics this week/weekend and I'll be sure to send ya a mail as it sounds like Facebook isn't working so well these days. Many Hugs!

anne said...

Yay for Doritos.... I will think of you now each time I see a bag :)!!

Thankful for your God moments and glad you see Him working !!!