A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cut, Color, Curl


2 inches cut off

more blonde put in

curl taken out (not chemically tho)

Thought you might want to see me today - poor doorman almost got whiplash - not that I'm bragging, just because I look WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY different!!

Karen G, made me all weepy - if we were walking our trail today, we'd look like twins...only you'll always be prettier of course!

My friend Amy from Texas recommended this guy. Talking to Tanya in Mich last night, we were chuckling over an Egyptian man who would touch me. Well, he was very professional, his English was amazing. But actually he didn't touch me...he only touched my hair.

Azza, a lovely young woman who knew as much English as I know Arabic, so we could talk which was nice - she did all the touching - boy, I wanna hire her to shampoo my hair every morning!! Then she did all the cap/foil issues, he applied the color, she washed, brushed out. He cut and styled. Never touched me. I found it interesting. I always wondered HOW can they do this..but he just cuts in an entirely different way and has no need to touch. Just interesting, thought you might enjoy!

He said I am cruel to my hair - I need to cut it more often! ha! Almost same words as Barb in Michigan who does my hair every 8-12 mo! ha!

6 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Wendy, it's very becoming on you! You look sooo cute! :) I would have done a double-take too. ;)

The Dickersons said...

Love it! You look so fresh and new! And Love how he managed without touching you! My first thought when I saw the pic was 'they allow women to dye their hair blond???'

Stephanie P said...

Looks good Wendy, but now you will stand out even more and will look like you are from Sweeden!

Betty said...

ooooOOOOoooooOOOOOoooo!!!!!

aaaaAAAaaaAAAaAAAahhhhhh!!!!!

BEEEEEAUTIFUL!!!! I love it! You look so young and modern now!!!
I got my hair cut too today... I'm back to stylin self again!!! lol
I should send you a picture!!! SMOOCHES GIRL!!!

anne said...

Love it!!! You look beautiful :)!

I know I haven't commented much, but I do "stop by" and check in... but I'm convicted today, that just reading gives you no encouragement... how do you know I'm reading, praying and thinking of you then ??!? :)

So be encouraged today, my friend :)!

Siscos said...

AMAZING! I LOVE it! Why do so many people think you're Italian?