A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Attitude Adjustment....

yes, another Hank Jr song...and I think I need his style of adjustment on my attitude sometimes!

Like today at the zoo when I'm in line to buy tickets and suddenly, 4 men push me aside to do what they want and I actually don't back down...I felt like we were lions at a feeding frenzy!

Or maybe yesterday when I ordered our lunches at the Aqua Park out of town, I said it all in Arabic but this woman doesn't like foreigners, so she's just being snotty with me and I return it back to her.

Perhaps seeing the dead body with cardboard covering his face on the side of the road and his 3 motorcycle buddies and the cars who ran over him were standing around looking in shock...

perhaps THAT is a good attitude adjustment?

Nope, just made me say WHY IS HE STILL JUST LAYING THERE?! AND WHY WERE YOU ALL ON ONE MOTORCYCLE?

Perhaps, I need Hank Jr's style of attitude adjustment also when a local guy noticed he was accidentally in my picture of the kids with an elephant and wants money for it - it's NOT a culture thing like in India or you hear about other places..it's a way to STEAL! no, I didn't pay him with money..just a tip ;) ha!

Well, while I lay down quietly after my clean cold shower and the kids are quiet in their rooms, I will get God's attitude adjustment which I know is best!

Here's some pics of today. I have a few from yesterday on a water proof non-digital camera. That's right folks - film..remember those days?

they fed potatoes to an elephant, lettuce to a horse, fish to pelicans (love their open mouths), crocodiles and even held snakes!

I could've stared at this guy all day - his mouth was VERY interesting to me! ha!

at one point, a guy put lettuce on Jasmine's head and a camel ate it....we were impressed, but she was NOT! ;)




Maran and Jasmine with the lions - a big hit w/ the kids! and a good photo op for me.

Joshua, Caleb and Joshua roaring.


3 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Oh Wendy, MY oh MY! Sounds like some exasperating moments to say the least. Did God give you that attitude adjustment you spoke of?

Betty said...

Your days are always filled with such a unique combination of elements... I get lost as to what to say... attitude? well, hard to just overlook those things and move on like it never happened isn't it? God understands, which is why He keeps holding onto you ;) .

FILM? my eyes are bugging out... haven't uised film in quite awhile... wonder if CVS still sells it, lol.

OH and I do LOVE those pelicans girl!!! GREAT shot! WTG!!! One day you should have a large print made and frame it for your wall.

better days ahead Wendy... miss chatting with you in real time!!!!

HUGS!!!!

Wendy said...

Exasperating moments indeed!! Wowzers! Praying that the Lord has blessed you with a calm and tranquility that only he can provide in the midst of it all.

Love all the animal moments caught on FILM!!! :)