A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

The swim cap....a very cranky post....


some of you wanted to see a photo, but after seeing this, I'm sure you all will wish you had NOT seen it! I refuse to be photographed in just the stupid swim cap...this is as good as it's going to get!

Rob is always looking for a project - his latest will be to find me a larger size! The large store I went to said this is as big as they have and it's large....ok...well I must have the largest brain of all the women in Egypt, because after 40 min of having a rubber turnicate around my skull, my brain could bear no more.....

I have decided to swim w/ my hair wrapped in a bun and that'll have to be good enough..and if it's not, we'll just go home...I cannot tolerate the intense pain. I either need to get my hair chopped off like the women who wear these here who are European or I need to get one that's made for big-headed women!

Now you can all let the laughter start, I may be cranky while I type this..but I realize it sounds hilarious.

I have to tell you...that the entire length of the olympic pool, they are chopping up with chisel and hammers...the cement around the pool....it is less than one foot (MY foot, like 8") from the edge of the pool.....cement is flying in....sand...

but heaven forbid, my blonde hairs might get loose!

Keep laughing....I might join you...but definitely not today!

:(

Perhaps the best idiotic thing I saw was that they laid thick tubing for water on top of the chipped up cement..and then they were dragging full wheelbarrows over it...THINK PEOPLE! TAKE OFF THE RUBBER TURNICATES..LET YOUR BRAINS GROW! STOP USING LEADED GAS!! THINK!!!!!!!!! THINK THIS THRU!!! You'll be tearing it up in a year w/ all the holes you're putting in it....

~sigh~

(this photo was obviously taken while at home...when I still found it hilarious.....the kids did too..they are not laughing now since we had to leave early and now momma's cranky! and when momma ain't happy.................)

2 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Ugh! I hope they let you swim with your hair in a bun or that you can find a bigger cap! It would be miserable not to swim at all.

Stephanie P said...

How about a hair net like the lunch ladies use :)
Ball caps give me headaches after a while, so I can imagine how you felt with the whole cap squeezing you. Days like yours you just keep thinking "it won't be like this in Heaven!"
Stephanie P