A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cleaning Day 2 - Learning Center

Well, no one still wanted to help us today - but we busted a HUGE move!!! I am so proud of my kids! And wowzers, after 3 hrs, we are seriously tired!!! Since I had the taxi here, I had him take us out of town to get swim caps - it seems since they found out we're not tourists, we need to have swim caps in the pool - sigh. Oh well! We're set now! Ieman and I were both happy ;) ha ha ha!

It's hard to do a project like this and not become frustrated that we're so limited! To need a power screwdriver to EASILY fix the broken desks.....to have supplies and a car available to make quick runs......

but we did the best with what we had! We'll need one more day of 3 hrs there unless someone else steps in. It might happen next week, I am unsure at this pt.

Here's a pic I took just before we walked out today.



The garbage guy came and his eyeballs almost came out! I had to reassure him it's all rubbish! We set up a classroom with clean supplies from folders of every type to games to toys and misc stuff - the principal was so excited because now the teachers can go shopping of sorts in this room and get their rooms ready next fall...and now they can make an educated list of what they actually need.

Papers thrown in from 2001-2005

sorted, trashed and binders saved....by Jasmine, Joshua and Wendy

don't ya just love her enthusiasm? We all caught it! Serving together is PRICELESS!

tho finding cochroaches was NOT!

realizing they're dead was what enabled me to continue working.....blushing at the admission....

same closet - but with sorted, cleaned, labeled - awaiting shelves!
LOOK! I USED DUCT TAPE! lol


Kristen F - guess what? I met a man today who is Australian!! he's from where you were born! But...he was actually BORN...guess where? In the hills of PNG!!!!!! Yep! His parents were missionaries when he was young. They moved back to Australia when he was four. He said they were with the Baptist ministry in the hills, I'm not sure what that means exactly! But he was thrilled to hear of the Bible being taught in the pigeon language!! I thought your family might like to know that!

Ok here's another shot of today...another closet - threw out more dried paint than we kept

No comments: