A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Flower Box Part 2!!!




I **really** love it!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy with it! Rob could **not** have thought of a more personal gift for me!!! Whaleed returned today - thankfully it never got over 100. With all of these plants! He and I did a walk thru of some gardens right here in our neighborhood and talked height, color, etc.....I think he **far** surpassed what I expected! :-) Yrene is so pleased, she's hiring him later this week!!

Yes...we are on the 4th floor..it's technically FIVE flights up..and yep...Whaleed just dangled on the edge workin today! eek! **totally** freaked me out! He also made sure to saturate the garden for me - HOORAY I only have to do upkeep ;)

YES, I survived the first round of intense heat! ;)

Not dog food (yet)!

I need to do my Arabic homework! I fell asleep on the sofa last night and didn't do it..and today I had my garden planted, did homeschool, spent 2 hrs at a private club with Yrene and 4 of our 6 kids GREAT time! more on that tomorrow ;)

ROB, THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! XOXOXOXOXOX!! I am **so** super happy with the garden!!!! It also has brought MANY large birds for shelter and water...REALLY a great "oasis."

4 comments:

Betty said...

LOVE your new garden!!!!! WTG Rob!!!!! ;)

Nice that the birds have found you already...
have fun watching them!!!

(insert happy dance here, lol) ;)

Char said...

Love love LOVE the garden! What a perfect way to enjoy your space a little more. I hope the upkeep isn't as intense as the install!

Stephanie said...

I'm not sure how hot is is on this day-but I'm sure it's up there. Whaleed is almost wearing long sleeves! I suppose shorts and a T-shirt is not even thought about. Man they must get hot, or else, like you mentioned another time-they must freeze when it is 70 outside!

Wendy said...

LOVE IT!!!!! GREAT! WONDERFUL! FANTABULOUS! :D