A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dust Storm, Migraines and Tours..oh my!

So today we woke up to our 3rd dust storm....it was so humid - ain't no ozone action day in Michigan could hold a candle to the weather here today! The pollution was visible and you could actually taste something different - nasty! Joshua didn't leave the apartment all day. I struggled to breathe to get Jasmine and me to school/home. Jasmine and Rob were unphased for their short bursts out there...thankfully!!

Tonight it's clearing up and INSANELY windy...so it'll literally all blow over for tomorrow. Temps in 100's again so VERY thankful we live in a well-kept building, so we keep our power when others lose it, etc.....great to have the a/c on and the purifiers working!!

Got hit with a migaine again tonight. I used to get them periodically in the US - had a very thorough doc did brain scans, heart scans, etc....all centered around strss. This is the 5th time it's taken me to the floor. I mean, momma's cant just stop cuz they feel badly...but this momma must sometimes...like when the vertigo sets in and I slink to the floor - ick! :-( After an hour in the dark and some time praying and crying, I am feeling like I'll survive another day. Tomorrow I'll have lingering effects of a normal migraine like light sensitivity, fatigue, touch sensitivity...but it'll be such an improvement! I'm so glad Rob was here.....usually these scare my children, of course! :-( bless their hearts!! Hi Judy! You saw me during my first big one...that's why I don't keep going..so it doesn't get THAT bad again!!

It's hard to admit how stressed I get here! It's hard to take everything in stride...you know....like when a guy with a machine gun tells you to do something but you realize he's trying to get you alone so you ignore him, and hope he doesn't shoot....kind of a stressful day!!! Ugh! Life is full of idiots on every corner of the earth ;)

Well, here's a few fun photos. I didnt want you all to think it's always roses and sunshine here - well it is, but only literally ;) So I had to give you a bit of reality - ha!

now for some fun.....Here's some pics from today. Rob was in Cyprus (check out his blog) and got us some gifts!! Jasmine gave Rob her gift of a crown she made for him - it's TAPED to his forehead!

Today I also got us signed up for 4 tours in June! **stoked** bent pyramid, Saqqara, Cave churches, Citadel....WOO HOOO!!

I'm so glad Rob found me a hat that I've been needing! I felt much better outside knowing I had shade and Melaluca sunscreen!!! While I haven't burned, the top of my head has!! All this hair, there's no way to apply sunscreen up there!! Practicality verses vanity!!!



5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sorry to hear about your headache, I get them too, not quite as bad though.
Like your hat, you look good in it!
Steph

The Dickersons said...

LOVE your hat...I'm not sure Tim could pick out something that looked good on me....

Funny you mentioned the Melaleuca sunscreen today. I thought about you this afternoon and wondered how it was holding up for you. The boys and I spent the afternoon at Fredrick Meijer Gardens....the boys had the SunShades on....me....of course not. The boys....white as white can be....me...glowing RED!!!! Yikes!

heather W. said...

so sorry you weren't feeling well...hope you are better now. I'm sure things are tougher than you share with all of us...I can't imagine the stress in doing what you are doing everyday. Praying for you. Love Rob's crown, by the way!!=)

Heather

Wendy said...

So sorry about the migraine! Yikes...I just can't imagine! James gets them too, but they seemed to have lessened...not in intensity, but in frequency. I guess it's common in adolesence. I hope your next one is a LONG way off!!!!
Love your hat. So cute! Makes me want to take Isaac fishing. :)
Wincing at your reality of the machine gun clad guy. :( Hugs!

Betty said...

SOOO sorry the migraines have returned :( :( :(

But it's understandable with all that you're going through. I figured there was more going on there but it can't be easy 'simply mentioning' it.
(((((((((WENDY)))))))))
Thankful that you are all together and have a safe place to live, but fretting about the world outside your door. Praying for you guys often, for health, safety and happy hearts.

The hat, the crown, the swimming mask...
BIG THUMBS UP & SMILEY GRIN!!!!