A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Katamaya - Yesterday

Yrene and John are gold members of this REALLY exclusive club. You can go ahead and think European or American here - REALLY astounding! Like nuttin I'd ever see even in America on my own dime! HA HA! John is the chief pilot for the man who owns Katamaya, hence....the car and exclusive membership ;) They can get us in for free...so sometimes we get to go together. It is approx 45 min from our homes. Lewis' live VERY near us. And since they have the car/driver, it's easy to just go together...they're SOO generous to invite us into their lives! we are blessed by their friendship! Well here's some pics! This is the "kids pools" yep, plural ;)

Enjoy the pics! Joshua, Jorge, Jasmine. Baby Joseph too!! I call Yrene by her Mexican name now too - and Jorge is Jorge not Georgie anymore too ;)
Yaye - Rain-aye isn't that pretty?

The purple room and the purple go cart were photographed JUST for my own daddy-o!

Do babies GET any cuter than this? I think NOT!!

My beloved Seester in Christ (gotta throw in her cute Mexican accent) yrene and her "babies" Jorge and Joseph




I'm not sure WHAT this is called
Crazy Corkscrews by Children? WHAT A HOOT!! so much fun!!




Sometimes I forget I'm in Egypt...I have a day that's mostly just "us" and not a bunch of noisey strangers ;) and we speak English and then...I go to the bathroom...OR....need a bottle of water ;) oh but it's GREAT!! I realize now that Mr. Anas was right when he said "Wendy will **need** the sports club, Rob" he was so right! It may not be quiet or tranquil or easy at our EGYPTIAN club, but it IS nice to get a bit of surreal w/ our heavy reality ;)

*mom's radition consult today, prayers please!*

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

25 days of school left here in Byron Center. The pool looks so refreshing! Just from reading how hot it is, I'm ready to jump in.

Wendy said...

What a blessing! Thank you Lord!