A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The truly needy.....

I was never wealthy by American standards, so I never felt wealthy. I have other issues, so I'm not patting myself on the back..but I also never really whined about not having more or keeping up w/ the Jones' or not being able to eat at fabulous restaurants and take extravagant vacations nor have fancy cars...so I perhaps even took a little pride in being humble...I confess there were moments.....

but here, when you see children fighting for dogs over what is in the garbage and you see 100's of men with hopeless faces and women agonizing to find a way to feed their children.....

you realize that if you eat 3 meals/day - YOU ARE RICH!!!!!!!!!!

Last night, I had the opportunity to go to a local Egyptian Christian church with a new friend. They are unable to meet the demand of the people in their community. The people wait, trusting, praying, hoping...and yet food and medical care rarely ever come. There are no options, they're not alcoholics or chosing it by laziness....it's true desperation......when you pray for us..you are praying for these people! To find hope not in the food, but in the love of God shown thru the food!

We desperately need you to keep praying!

and so I also ask my brothers and sisters - have you read Revelation lately?

ARE WE LIVING IN THE END TIMES IN AFRICA OR WHAT?! IS THIS STIRRING AND SHAKING INCREDIBLE?! WOW!!

It's horrible :(

and yet we know it's God working....and we await His control of peace over the hearts and minds of the leaders and people.....we await with excited anticipation!

When you pray...when you encourage..when you donate...you are building into the lives of children fighting with dogs over garbage..................

is this not what Jesus called "the least of these"

THANK YOU! for joining us! A quick snapshot of today....Yrene, Cherie and Margaret were with me today making cheese sandwiches. The money for lunches has run out. BUT NOT OUR FAITH AND NOT OUR PRAYERS! THANK YOU FOR BEING PART OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: