A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day one - Meals on Wheels

Today began with collecting food for 100 lunches to be distributed to the taxi's. The men who rely heavily on the foreigners...who left by the droves! We wanted to target people....and taxi's were heavy on our minds!

In less than 20 minutes, the baggies were gone and more than 100 people were effected! A wealthier Egyptian man pulled over his fancy car and came over to greet us (me, Jasmine, 2 men from the church) and said to us

"I am Muslim, I do not care if you are Christian or Muslim, but what you are doing is so important, here is more money and please please don't stop this. It is good to see you care for Egypt's people as foreigners. Thank you!"

:)

Here I wanted to be part of the giving...and wound up getting MUCH more than a meal in return - the sheer joy of watching their expressions and gratefulness! The happy beeps and waves at us..just...thrilling!




I spent today's money on today....prayed...and now I have more money than what I started with! ISN'T THAT JUST LIKE GOD??!! I am set for the rest of the week and am praying for supplies and support to make "food bags" for Sunday. Rice, beans, soap, toothpaste, milk. Sunday, I'm hoping for GOBS of volunteers to take 10 bags to their communities and walk...looking for the street cleaners, the small shop owners (who depended on the foreigners), those who've lost jobs in their neighborhoods.

Please join in prayer! And remember you can give at
www.maadicommunitychurch.com
if you want to donate tax-deductible amounts - note that it's for the meal ministry right now!

I have hired a young man who was now without a job, to do all my shopping for me - he has already done a GREAT job today! And understands the importance of never telling anyone where the stuff is going/coming from ;)

PRAISE GOD I KNOW ARABIC!!! ;)

Well, here's my kids doing their part! Eggs are for Th, we're boilng them and requested others in the church to take 2 dozen and boil. They'll return to me at prayer tomorrow and I can use them Th. WOO HOO! THE LORD IS GOOD!!




Did you know....the Christians and Muslims CONTINUE to pray and worship together here? YES IT'S OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WISH YOU WERE HERE!!

And even tho there's lines at banks and for food rations.....everyone waits patiently...no disturbances! The men continue to try to let me go first....tho they are hungry and feeding families with the food (I am giving it away, but they haven't figured it out yet).

JUST AMAZING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FROM EVERY TONGUE! EVERY TRIBE! EVERY NATION!

WE'RE WATCHING IT!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Char said...

I am amazed at your ability to carry out the good will you are working on for those that are in need. You are a stronger person than most, and I think that you are doing an amazing job teaching your kids to be so involved. Keep fighting the good fight there, and I hope that you can continue giving out meals to those that are in need. Much love and many hugs!

Anonymous said...

Showing Christ to the nations-thanks for your example. We will continue to pray and spread the word of what you are doing, to get more prayer and maybe some donations too! Tell Joshua and Jasmine thanks for making a difference now, and for sewing seeds for eternity in some people. Great Job!!