A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day Two - Meals

Thank you for prayers!!

I have enough supplies and cash to get 200 lunches together tomorrow!! no meals Fri and Saturday..... Then Saturday there's a whole crew of us coming to make family bags to distribute Sunday! Rice, beans, oil, flour, sugar, dry milk. Everyone's caught the fever and it's outstanding how God is working....amazing that out of millions of people here, He could see a few hundred every day here and shower us with the joy of giving and others the joy of receiving!

I will continue to be able to employ young Ali as well (ill father, deceased mother, 8 yr old brother, they live on the street) and he has been doing a GREAT job running errands for me :) I am humbled to be allowed to see such encouragement in people!

I'm not tootin my horn, I'm just sharing and want you to read this and say

WOW THAT'S GREAT GOD!!

Here's a pic! Look, I even had more volunteers today! Woo hoo!



A Texan, a S African and a Michigander - I'm blessed beyond measure!

For food distrubution, was added a Detroit young man as well as a Korean lady! Such treasures!!


Ali secured us 100 apples, 100 oranges, 100 cukes and 100 loaves of bread ;)

Tomorrow it'll be 200 banana's and 200 loaves of bread and 200 eggs! 5 families took eggs to boil and brought back to me today chilled and ready :)

**please pray** a friend is trying to take medical supplies to the field hospital - irregardless of what any of us think about what's going on here politically...we simply must care for God's people!! Please pray for these 2 men's safety and for the medical supplies to reach safely to those in need!!

Thanks for sharing our joys and our fears and our burdens!

We love you and even tho I'm finally sleeping great, I haven't forgotten to pray for you all, I'm sorry I"m not doing too great w/ any personal notes these days......

Thanks for your understanding.

Love from Egypt,
W

3 comments:

Steph P said...

Love to hear how God moves!

Sarah B said...

I love hearing how God is using you and others to minister!!!

We are praying for physical, emotional and spiritual strength!!

HollyMarie said...

Great!!! Praise be to God!! :)