A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Top 10 of 10-10-10

These are in no particular order, but just fun top 10 of 10-10-10

1. Today is a holiday in Sudan to recognize the Italian man who created 80% of the schools and such! HAPPY CELEBRATING, SUDAN!!! I'm sharing my birthday today with the Sudanese people! How fun! (and no, ladies never tell their age, don't bother asking!)

2. skipping school to make pumpkins together



3. receiving cream of tartar (THANK YOU MOM AND DAD) to make homemade play doh together (now if only someone could bring food coloring!!)



4. Watching a male friend prepare food for the falooca trip tonight! HA!


5. Eating the Egyptian food J is putting seasoning on - mmmm! Koshary!! YUMMY!!

6. Watching the kids' and their friends!!

7. Eating VERY yummy ICE CREAM


8. Being on the falooca with strong winds, clear skies, bright moon, LOTS of laughter and REALLY great people!!!! **favorite part**


9. having to convince Sam the cat to let me share that corner on the elevator after the trip on the Nile!


10. Gifts of Love. everyone who came tonight showered me with friendship and conversation.....6 of us rode in a taxi......no seatbelts, piled in, 3 pizza's, one big ice cream cake, 3 big purses and a big bag of other misc dinner items....along with alabaster candle holders, Sudanese hand-made purse and a fall table decor from my mom! Gifts of love come in all sizes and shapes!


11. I know, some of you are saying SHE SAID 10! but how many of you actually thought I'd ONLY have ten? goodness! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, I CAN DO AS MANY AS I WANT! lol!!
Eleven is that today, Rob made it home early in the morning! He took us out to eat at Chili's where they sang to me IN ARABIC! VERY COOL! and gave me a free hot brownie with ice cream!

12. great emails from US of A!!!!!!! My computer hard drive failed last Th afternoon. I am using Rob's laptop for a bit here....so I peeked and LOVED all the notes! I guess this goes under 2 categories above - GREAT FRIENDS AND GIFTS OF LOVE! THANK YOU!!

I just want to thank my kids especially! Joshua is old enough to "get" that making a day special for someone else makes you feel good too - I woke up (late thank you, kids) with cards all over the house, constant hugs and reminders during prayer that they are thankful for me.

Today would've been perfect if my parents and my nephews were here - my heart LONGS to hold you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smooches! I don't care how old you are, I'm still your auntie...I can smooch you publically, boys! ha!!

Thank you for sharing my day by reading here!

2 comments:

heather W. said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful time! AND on 10/10/10 no less! =)

anne said...

Glad you had a great birthday! Sounds awesome and on the Nile.. nonetheless! Still amazing!