A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Birthday Brocoli!


most people have a birthday cake...

but me! I heard "ding dong" so I went to the door..there was my sweet Irish-American friends 12 yr old boy with a grocery bag.....

LOOK WHAT WAS IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I simply can't be held responsible for how my body might react to THAT much brocoli intake this evening...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!

We can't eat lettuce and brocoli here - it has the highest potential for parasytes and bacteria because of the nature of lettuce and brocoli. BUT they are government people - they get access to the comissary and she knows I miss brocoli!!

MMM!

Birthday Brocoli - sinfully satisfying! Praise the Lord for all the little things in life (like friends...and giant heads of brocoli!)

4 comments:

HollyMarie said...

Woo hooo!!! Enjoy your broccoli tonight! I was just thinking some chicken/broccoli/rice casserole would make a good dinner one of these nights. :)

Betty said...

LOLOL!!!!

and how's the tummy today?????

:D

Betty

Steph P said...

There is simply something wrong with being that excited over a little tree:) but I am happy for you! :D Hope you enjoyed them to the fullest!

Wendy said...

Ha Ha Ha!!! So, do ya eat it raw or cooked? Hope your tummy survived ok! :)