A story of a family from Michigan, USA who traveled to Egypt for work.....served, laughed, loved....thrived thru the Egyptian Revolution....and then returned to Michigan after the job ended abruptly due to economic conditions.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Romantic Morning at the Yacht Club

The club we belong to here, also has a Yacht Club on the River Nile. Wait, on the Nile River...whew, my English ;)

ha ha!

I have no school on Thursdays (elKhamsiin - fifth day of the week) but Joshua has camp all day and Jasmine had school 8-1. At 8:30, Rob and I got a taxi to the yacht club....we sat for almost 5 hrs just talking! It was so nice! It is the first time we've been able to just kick back and "be" together since December!!!!!!! It was long overdue and absolutely necessary!

Here are some photos I took.....




I know plenty of you who like just looking at palm trees from N US and dreaming of sandy beaches....but I specifically thought of Heather in da UP ;) I do wish that private villa was for sale..just so I might find an excuse to get inside of it! Quite a grand estate!










This last one is for all to enjoy, but I took it and smiled thinking of my friend Lauri B in Greenville!

3 comments:

Char said...

If there's one thing I learned a few years ago is that every once in a while you still need to "date" your spouse....especially in times of stress. I'm super glad that you & Rob were able to get away for a few hours to enjoy each others company! Looks like it was a nice spot to get away to.

Betty said...

well, I think I'm GREEN!!!! LOL!!! in SUCH a good way!!! I'm so happy that you two found time for yourselves to reconnect. Two thumbs up girl!!!

The surroundings look so peaceful... yup definitely worth spending a few hours there with someone you love!!

I'm thinkin I want a ride in that red boat though...
COOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!

:D

stephanie said...

Love the palm trees! Everything looks so calm and peaceful. Wish I could come watch your kids so you could get away...wish I could come visit to see the country! Thanks for sharing the beauty and diversity of Cairo, Egypt!